Re: [grilo-plugins] Tracker plugin new features

On 01/17/2011 12:17 PM, llandwerlin gmail com wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Here is a serie of patches to add new features to the tracker plugin.
> This new features includes search & browsing mode. The browsing mode
> is configurable on the fly and proposes flat, directory or category
> browsing. Some of these patch also add some asynchronous support.
>
> Any feedback is welcome.

As a generic question (haven't looked at the code): Why are the special
browse modes needed?  Are they somehow cheaper to implement than just
telling the application developers to use right queries?

I'm asking because I think that adding plugin-specific features that are
visible to the user might have some downsides -- or is the idea that
other plugins would support these modes too?

Jussi