Re: Goocanvas in update from Gtk2 to Gtk3

On 19/01/2021 08:26, damonachaplin gmail com wrote:
On Mon, 2021-01-18 at 22:48 +0000, Paul Emsley via goocanvas-list
wrote:
Hi All/Damon,

OK, here is an example of different behaviour. I have plotted some
points on the graph.

The spots should give terminal output on enter and click events.

In Gtk2 they do.

In Gtk3  they do not: try mousing around but not entering the spots
and
from time to time you will get spurious enter events and when you do
enter the spot, frequently click events don't register.
You're going to hate this but they both work fine for me!

Yes, I do hate it :-)

I'll send you a screenshot as proof!

Thanks.

There must be something wrong with your build environment.

Well... that would be good it it were so, but I wonder how it can be. There no args to goocanvas configure other than --prefix

Check the "-I" include directories are correct when compiling,
and also try ldd, e.g. "ldd ./problem-example-gtk2" to check it
is linking with the libraries you expect.

Ah, OK. that's interesting. I linked against system goocanvas-2.0 and it just works!

Hmm... so you are right.

But... where do we go from here?

Paul