Re: "Bouncing" panning canvas

On Wed, 2018-12-12 at 21:40 +0100, Jeff wrote:
On 11/12/2018 16:25, Damon Chaplin wrote:
I can reproduce it now. It looks like the motion events are jumping
around, possibly because some of them are for a different window.

In the canvas code I often do this to filter out unwanted events:
  if (event->window != canvas->canvas_window)
    return FALSE;

Thanks for the help.

If I output the gdk_window associated with the event, it seems they
are
all the same, so I don't think that is the problem.

Reference [1] suggests using a motion-hint-mask and event->is_hint

This also hasn't solved the problem.

Any other suggestions?

I would try rewriting the code to use gdk_device_get_position() and
doing calculations based on the root window coordinates.

Damon