Re: ANNOUNCE: GooCanvas 2.0.1

On Thu, 2011-10-13 at 14:52 +0200, control H wrote:
> Thank you very much for the new version. For me in particular the
> addition of GdkRGBA properties is appreciated.
>
> I have a question about goo_canvas_item_raise () though. When the
> second argument is not NULL but another canvas item, it fails to work.
> That is, when the item is already above it, nothing is done. What I
> expected (or at least, what I want) is that item is put directly on
> top of the other item. So if there are 3 other items between both,
> after the call it should be directly above it.
>
> Is this function supposed to do exactly that?

Yes, I'm afraid that was the intended behaviour:

  /* Only move the item if the new position is higher in the stack. */
  if (above_pos > item_pos)
    goo_canvas_item_move_child (parent, item_pos, above_pos);

We should probably document that.

It should be fairly easy to write your own function to do what you want
though.

Damon