Re: partial redraws

Am 02.10.2010 23:48, schrieb Damon Chaplin:
> On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 23:26 +0300, Stefan Kost wrote:
>> hi again,
>>
>> is there any explanation (or known issues) for partial redraws:
>> http://imagebin.ca/view/2OBz-8j.html
>>
>> I dynamically build graphs like seen in the screenshot. When I zoom (set scale
>> proeprty) or scroll I sometimes end up with such a partial redraw.
>
> I don't think there are any known redraw bugs, in 0.15.
>
> Are you using custom items? Redraw issues are usually due to incorrect
> bounds of items.
>
> If there's a way to reproduce the bug, and you send me the code I'll
> have a look.
>
> Damon

The code is at
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~ensonic/gst-tracelib/
the whole part that actually uses goo-canvas is in:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~ensonic/gst-tracelib/tree/src/ui/main-window.c

There are no custom items - it uses group, rect, text and polyline.

The tool has not a lot of dependencies (one to mention is graphviz-devel). It
can be run uninstalled:

./src/ui/gsttlui --log-port=8765 &

GSTTL_LOG_SERVER=127.0.0.1:8765 LD_PRELOAD=./src/.libs/libgsttracelib.so
gst-launch-0.10 playbin2 uri=file:///path/to/a/video

This should show you a live peek into the gstramer pipleines in playbin2 (you
can also just run totem, instead of gst-launch ...). WHen you see the graph in
the UI, try to scroll or zoom.

Could it be that the UI is not idle enough to keep finishing the redraws?

Stefan