Re: Ideas for new API

Brandon,

o Get rid of the model/view option.
   The model/view stuff made the code overly complicated. It would
   still be possible to use the canvas as a view if needed. (Though
   you will need to write your own canvas items and models.)

Yeah, i don't think the model/view split makes a whole lot of sense. I
have never used it. If you're really applying the MVC pattern, you do
not derive your models a specific UI library.

My main interest in this was because I thought it would help with the situation where you wish to allow the user to split the canvas window so that they can look at different sections of the same canvas. It would be good to have a way of doing this without duplicating a load of objects.

Ed
| Ed Griffiths, Acedb/ZMap development, Informatics Group,               |
|  The Morgan Building, Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus   |
|  Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1HH                                           |
| email: edgrif sanger ac uk  Tel: +44-1223-496844  Fax: +44-1223-494919 |

The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research Limited, a charity registered in England with number 1021457 and a company registered in England with number 2742969, whose registered office is 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE.