Re: Porting to GTK+ 3

Hi,

although we don't use goocanvas right now we have plans to use it in the future and that was partly based on the MVC bit.....

Our problem is this:

currently we use the foocanvas and we have a lot of features and if the user splits the window we have to create a whole new foocanvas. It would be great to not have all that overhead. I originally hoped that goocanvas would solve all that but with Damons help came to realise that the MVC implementation in goocanvas saves some memory but not as much as you might think.

It would be great if any new version had some way to tackle this problem....

Ed
| Ed Griffiths, Acedb/ZMap development, Informatics Group,               |
|  The Morgan Building, Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus   |
|  Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1HH                                           |
| email: edgrif sanger ac uk  Tel: +44-1223-496844  Fax: +44-1223-494919 |

The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research Limited, a charity registered in England with number 1021457 and a company registered in England with number 2742969, whose registered office is 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE.