Re: Porting to GTK+ 3

On Wed, 2010-06-09 at 23:03 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> Shall we port to GTK+ 3, Damon? I could do that if it's wanted, or get
> someone to do it.
>
> This will be an ABI break, because GTK+ 3 breaks ABI for us. We probably
> want to make goocanvas parallel-installable too.

I guess so. Though it may be best to wait to see if there is a standard
way of doing this.

> As we are forced to do an ABI break, we could also take this opportunity
> to make other changes that you didn't want to make yet because of ABI
> stability.

I wouldn't want to do any large API changes (if we were going to do
that, I'd rather do a big rethink of the whole API, possibly getting rid
of some things like the model/view split, cascading style properties,
the use of interfaces, letting all items have children etc. But that's a
lot of work).

The only small API change request is the get_bounds() function
signature. And I still don't really think that is worth doing.

Damon