gooing, gooing, gone?

Hi again,
I am currently looking at pygoocanvas and pyclutter with a mind to adapting* an animation API (I wrote using pycairo : http://otherwise.relics.co.za/wiki/Software/Things/) which requires several basic capabilities:

1. Containment -- a scene-graph kind of parent/child tree where position, scale and rotation all bubble down.
2. Clipping of contained children:
Example: A triangle shape on the parent clips *all* the children, which can animate etc. under it. 3. Path following -- Animate a group or an item given a path (pref. an SVG path). Easing options? 4. Hit detection -- Provide a simple shape (not drawn) for detecting mouse hits.

Could you give me some clues (and code!) to demonstrate any of these? I know this is lazy, but I am floundering between pygoocanvas and pyclutter and the docs for both are rather opaque.

* I would like to go as far as an IDE that allows drawing of SVG elements and their timeline (frame) animations which will output a Python script which can then be run alone.

Right, I gotta go!
\d
--
Fonty Python and Things! -- http://otherwise.relics.co.za/wiki/Software