Re: Client Side Windows and Embedded Widgets

On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 10:31 +0100, Damon Chaplin wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 01:50 +0200, John Stowers wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Is anyone working, or planning, to utilise the new client side windows
> > support in Gtk+ so widgets can be embedded in the canvas in more complex
> > ways?
> >
> > It would be great if Goocanvas was the first canvas library to really
> > take advantage of the new Gtk+ capabilities.
>
> I don't have any plans at present. Though if it is easy to do I might
> have a go.

Sounds like a plan!

> Do you have a link to the API docs for it?

Well the relevant functions are described here;
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdk/stable/gdk-Windows.html#gdk-offscreen-window-set-embedder

But I learned most from reading the gtk-demo sources
http://git.gnome.org/cgit/gtk+/tree/demos/gtk-demo/offscreen_window2.c

Regards,

John