Fwd: libgoocanvas-dev

the debian guys are serious about the matter - they will not let the release...

see below:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Adeodato Simó <dato net com org es>
Date: Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 12:11 AM
Subject: Re: libgoocanvas-dev
To: James Vega <vega james gmail com>
Cc: z pekar gmail com, debian-release lists debian org

* James Vega [Tue, 09 Dec 2008 15:46:08 -0500]:

> > Hello,
> > would it be possible to upgrade this package - libgoocanvas-dev - to
> > the latest version 0.13?

> > http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=libgoocanvas-dev

> At the very least, this package needs a binNMU since the maintainer
> uploaded a version (on i386) that was built against libraries in
> experimental.

Done this bit, thanks for catching.

> There's also this thing called a freeze.  This upload is multiple
> upstream versions newer than the version in Lenny with no noted
> important bug-fixes in the changelog, so I find it highly unlikely that
> the release team would approve a disruptive exception.

Confirmed, it won't migrate.

Thanks,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

- I love you, Shirley, I'm not ashamed to say.
- If you love me, then you'll want me to be happy. Even if I'm not with you.
- I don't love you *that* much.
               -- Denny Crane and Shirley Schmidt