From: James Vega <vega james gmail com>
Date: Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 10:46 PM
Subject: Re: libgoocanvas-dev
To: z pekar gmail com
Cc: debian-release lists debian org

> Hello,
> would it be possible to upgrade this package - libgoocanvas-dev - to
> the latest version 0.13?
>
> http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=libgoocanvas-dev

At the very least, this package needs a binNMU since the maintainer
uploaded a version (on i386) that was built against libraries in
experimental.

There's also this thing called a freeze.  This upload is multiple
upstream versions newer than the version in Lenny with no noted
important bug-fixes in the changelog, so I find it highly unlikely that
the release team would approve a disruptive exception.

$ diff -Naur goocanvas-0.1* | diffstat | tail -n1

James
GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <jamessan debian org>