xlsx recalculate on open

hi!

I'm writing xlsx with some python modules (eg xlsxwriter), and I find, when opening the result with gnumeric that I have to hit recalculate to see the calculated values

for example, with this script:

##########
import xlsxwriter

workbook = xlsxwriter.Workbook('demo.xlsx')
worksheet = workbook.add_worksheet()

worksheet.write('A1', 1)
worksheet.write('B1', 2)
worksheet.write('C1', '=A1+B1')

workbook.close()

when I open demo.xlsx with gnumeric, I see:

image.png

and after I hit F9 the value of C1 appears:

image.png

do you know why this is happening? I tried openpyxl and it does the same thing

just in case it was some bug in the libraries, I tried libreoffice and wps and they do show the calculated value on open

I'm using gnumeric 1.12.41

tia,
René