--
peace
bill
On 8/16/20, 6:56 PM Tim Chase <gnumeric tim thechases com> wrote:
On 2020-08-16 22:59, bill d wrote:
> I have 2 columns that mostly contain data common to both. I would
> like to remove this leaving only the data unique to 1 column. Any
> thoughts on how best to accomplish this? Many thanks! peace

It might help to have a better picture of your data. Are they two
columns of data in common with a 3rd column such as

Month 2019 2020
Jan 4 4
Feb 4 5
Mar 8 8

and you just want the "Feb" row? Or do you have two columns of
values

1 2
3 3
4 5
2 1

and you want 5 rows of their unique values:

1
2
3
4
5

Do you need to maintain the source order? Are they some sort of text
files that you could use other *nix tools rather than trying to do it
in Gnumeric?

With a better idea of what your data looks like and what you want the
results to look like, it would help craft a solution.

-tim