Tallying entries by row and column

Hi all, new member here but long time gnumeric user and fan!

I'm doing a series of spreadsheets with something like 2,000 rows and 50 columns. For each row and column i need to count the number of non-empty cells. I am using the counta function for each of these, but it is quite a long and tedious process to re-input the formula in each column and row. Is there a better formula that would condense the commands to do separate counts for individual rows, placing each total in the appropriate cell? For instance i am putting =counta(G50:DZ50) in F50, =counta(G51:DZ51) in F51, =counta(G52:DZ52) in G52, etc. Can this be combined into one formula that will count non-empty cells for each row and put the total of each in the correct row and cell? Note i don't want to combine totals of multiple rows, just make the counting of each individual row quicker and easier. Many thanks!

bill