Re: how to convert VB scripts to Gnumeric python

If you are looking for easy scripting of such operations, then you will not currently find it.
The python and perl plugins have never been used for anything serious as far as I know.

Various parts of Gnumeric are available through gobject introspection and therefore
are callable from python and, likely, other scripting languages.    In principle the bindings
should work, but I haven't used them much myself.  You would be breaking new trail
here.

Here's a sample that just does a numerical computation:

$ python
Python 2.7.12 (default, Dec  4 2017, 14:50:18)
[GCC 5.4.0 20160609] on linux2
>>> from gi.repository import Gnm;
__main__:1: PyGIWarning: Gnm was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('Gnm', '1.12') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
>>> Gnm.qnorm(0.2,0,1,0,0)
0.8416212335729144

Morten