From: gnumeric-list [mailto:gnumeric-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Peter Brooks
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2017 1:14 PM
To: Morten Welinder <mortenw gnome org>
Subject: Re: ssconvert - column spacing

Thank you, Morten, I do understand that - and I don't think it is needed.

I was just wondering if there was a way to format .csv files, either the cells themselves, (perhaps using
'required spaces' or similar) or a formatting option, that would set column width.

I don't know how the .xlsx format works to set column width. I suppose one option would simply be to edit
that - or, rather, have a script edit that.

Where is the best place to find a description of the .xlsx format?
Presumably, in that definition, there is something about setting cell sizes, including column widths.

I suppose my next question will be how to add xml to a .xlsx file..

I'll look into it. If I find a way, I'll mention it here.