Re: why does ssconvert need D-bus ?

On 2016-09-01 17:40, Morten Welinder wrote:

Why would ssconvert need this ?

To store configuration parameters.  Most of the settings we store there
are GUI related, but there are a few here and there that are not and apply
meaningfully to ssconvert.

ssconvert is supposed to be a simple commandline utility to convert from
one format into another

I am not sure I agree with that description.  ssconvert is Gnumeric minus
the gui.

thanks for the comments

I believe this is a bad design decision.

A convertor utility should not need to store any settings. It should
simply convert from format A to format B. All the information it needs
is the content of file A. There should be no external
configuration/information required.

What's next? Will next version of ssconvert depend on systemd ?

Anyway, that's my opinion.
But I am not a gnumeric developer, and I guess you don't care to know
what I think.