Re: Choosing the closest value from database

put the values in a 1st.column;
add 2nd.column with "= cell.1stcolumn -valuetogetcloseto "
get min of 2nd.column
add 3rd.column with "=  if cell in 2nd.column = min 2ndcolumn, then
write value.cell.2nd.column, else ""

get "count" of 3rd column

i'd bet you can do everything in one column though