Inserting images

Hi gnumeric devs!

I'd like to create a spreadsheet that would make quite heavy use of images. The images will only be small (say 100x100 pixels or so) but I will need to import quite a lot of them and on a regular basis.

As it stands, this is the process I need to go through to import each new image:

* Select and resize a row/cell to make the importing and resizing easier
* Insert -> Image
* Browse to and open desired image
* Place the image into the desired cell and resize it to fit
* Right-click on the image -> Size & Position
* Change 'Move with cells' property to 'Move and resize with cells'
* Click 'Apply' and then 'Cancel' to close Size & Position options window

Is there not a faster way to achieve this? Is it just me that would prefer that all imported images defaulted to be set to 'Move and resize with cells'? That seems like the most useful setting for images to me.

Ideally, when importing an image into a cell I wouldnt have to manually position, resize or change the properties of an imported image. The image would be bound to the currently selected cell and it would be resized and centred to fit the cell as best it can as a 'Move and resize with cell' image type. Is there any reason this isn't the default behaviour?

As an extension to this, it would also be very handy if gnumeric could batch import images into a selected range of cells. Maybe I should log this as a feature request?

Thanks for your help and the great spreadsheet!

Dan