Re: Background color change

On Fri, 6 Mar 2015 14:58:04 -0300
John Coppens <john jcoppens com> wrote:

Of course I can define the foreground color for the text in Gnumeric, but this
does not seem to be an elegant solution for portability.

My apologies - this doesn't seem true either. Setting background to any color
makes it transparent (i.e. it takes the background color). Same for text color:
the default 'black' converts into transparent after any of the standard colors
are selected.

For the shocker: If I select custom colors (either bg or fg), they work normally!
(and the custom color selection widget does not have colors to select from till
I move the (left) hue bar. The transparancy bar (at the bottom is always at the
right (= opaque).

What am I doing wrong here?