Re: "magic brackets" in GNUmeric

Dear Morten,

Could you please file a bug for this at bugzilla.gnome.org
with a test sheet?
during preparation of such a file, I just realised that I have been
fooled by the behaviour of GNUmeric with respect to cells of an
imported sheet. Even in automatic recalc mode, unchanged imported
cells are not recalculated when saving the imported file with a
different extension. I noticed this behaviour of GNUmeric only because
an imported file contained calls to XL-UDF functions that most
probably could not be present in GNUmeric. Only a forced recalculation
(by pressing F9 or closing and re-opening the file) shows the true
GNUmeric results.

The final result is exactly like what you said: no bits killing in
subtractions that lead to heavy cancellation, and no magic brackets in
GNUmeric, neither in Win nor in Linux...

Sorry for any trouble that my question may have caused...
Schorsch