Re: Use of Libspreadsheet from outside of Gnumeric

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 4:42 PM, soumik Banerjee
<soumikbanerjee68 yahoo com> wrote:
Is there a way in which I can use the internally generated library of
Gnumeric, ie. Libspreadsheet, from my own app to parse excel sheets?
How do I get the headers for development? Its not available when I do
"apt-get install gnumeric" on my Ubuntu 12.04. I only get the Gnumeric
Application and the libspreadsheet Shared Library installed on my PC, not
the library header files which are essential for development and linking.

It's a defect in the Debian packages, see my bug reports on Launchpad
and Debian:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnumeric/+bug/1006242

Unfortunately, my bug reports concerning this matter have been largely
ignored so far. :( Other major Linux distributions like Arch, Fedora
and openSUSE all include the libspreadsheet development files. For
Debian-based distributions, you need to compile and install Gnumeric
from source, or you can use my Gnumeric packages for Ubuntu 10.04,
11.04, 12.04, 12.10 and 13.04 at https://launchpad.net/~dr-graef. The
PPA for Ubuntu 12.04 is here:
https://launchpad.net/~dr-graef/+archive/gnumeric.precise

HTH,
Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany