Gnumeric for SEO work

Hello,

I need to learn more about SEO and using spreadsheet is a must.

At the moment I use Gnumeric on my Linux machine for some very simple
sheets and found the following post:

http://www.distilled.net/excel-for-seo/

explaining about using Excel for some SEO work.

Now I'm curious if someone more experienced Gnumeric user can quickly
take a look estimating if all these is possible with Gnumeric and/or if
someone is doing some SEO-related work with it?

How is, in general, Gnumeric ranked when it comes to compatibility with
Excel?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Even if you are considered to be the most sinful of all sinners,
when you are situated in the boat of transcendental knowledge