Re: Linear Trend Line not displaying anything (That Jack Elliott)

On Tue, 2013-01-15 at 07:16 -0800, Jack Elliott wrote:
On Mon, 2013-01-14 at 18:01 -0800, That Jack Elliott wrote:
This might be a bonehead problem. I have a line chart displaying a column of
data -- numbers between 170 and 190. If I doubleclick the chart and add an
Exponentially Smoothed Curve to Series1, it plots on the chart. Same for a
Moving Average trend line. But I'd like to do a Polynomial trend line, and
can't figure out how to make it display. It looks like it wants more
information, like "low bound" and "high bound." I can't find any information
on what to enter into those field and I've Googled all over the darn place.
You should not need to specify the low and high bound. You only need a
reasonable "order". If you have n data points the order should be at
most n-1. Otherwise there is no curve to plot.

Andreas
Thank you, where do I specify the order? For example, for trend line
type Logarithmic -- one of the trend line types that does not plot a
curve -- I see "Title," and the aforementioned High and Low Bound fields
available for data entry.

Please file a sample file showing your problem at bugzilla.gnome.org as
a bug against Gnumeric. Which version of Gnuemric are you using?

For a polynomial regression line at the bottom of the tab with low and
high bound there should be an 'order' item.

For logarithmic curves there is of course no 'order' item but you will
not get a logarithmic trend line if one of the x-values is negative.
Since under those circumstances, the logarithmic trend model cannot
apply.

Andreas

I think this will go out as plain text. Do we bottom-post on this list?

--
Andreas Guelzow <aguelzow pyrshep ca>