Re: Copy chart between sheets

On Mon, 2013-01-14 at 17:40 -0800, Per wrote:
Hi,
I have 20 identical sheet, each containing data obtaining in one
experiment. For one sheet, I have generated a chart with 10+ series
with error bars. When I copy this chart to another sheet, the data
sources are copied along with it. I want, however, the chart to use
the data in the same sheet (but same rows and columns).

How can I copy a chart but have Gnumeric 'forget' which sheet the
graph was copied from and instead use the data in the current sheet
only?

I you specify an address for the data in a chart series A1:A10 then
Gnumeric uses this as a a fixed range on the sheet the graph is located.
If you move or copy the graph it will remain attached to the original
range, as you observed. Often this is exactly the desired behaviour.

For you use case you can use a formula to obtain the data, ie.
INDIRECT("A1:A10"). That is also being evaluated on the current sheet.
So copying your chart will use the data from the current sheet.

You need a pretty recent version of Gnumeric for this to work. (I think
1.11.2 or later.)

I hope this helps.

Andreas

--