Linear Trend Line not displaying anything

This might be a bonehead problem. I have a line chart displaying a column of
data -- numbers between 170 and 190. If I doubleclick the chart and add an
Exponentially Smoothed Curve to Series1, it plots on the chart. Same for a
Moving Average trend line. But I'd like to do a Polynomial trend line, and
can't figure out how to make it display. It looks like it wants more
information, like "low bound" and "high bound." I can't find any information
on what to enter into those field and I've Googled all over the darn place.