on some sheets when I do "Auto Filter" and select some filter, empty rows are not visible

Hi,

I have Gnumeric 1.10.17.

Normally, when I do an "Auto Filter" on a sheet, and select some filter,
then empty rows at the end of the sheet stay visible, which is convinent for
me, as I can create a new row while looking at the filtered rows above.

Bot on some sheets (it seems these which I edited a lot), this doesn't work
- when I select a filter there are no empty rows shown below the filtered
rows, just single white space in which I can't write.

i can't figure out what causes the difference, and how can I make the sheet
display empty rows below filtered rows again. Any ideas?

thanks,

--
Miernik