Re: Does Gnumeric support a function that returns the root of an expression?

Hi Lew,

The reverse is to raise to the power of 1/Y.

So to raise x to the power y:
=POWER(x,y)

To reverse:
=POWER(x,1/y)

HTH
Tim

On 19/02/2013, Lew Stivers <lewstivers medrosystems com> wrote:
I have found the function to use to take an expression to a "y" power,  but
I have been unable to locate the reverse.  I am trying to upgrade a
spreadsheet to calculate the monthly interest to be compounded over a year
based on knowing the desired annual rate of return.  My iPAD uses a Root
function,  but I have been unable to find an equivalent in Gnumeric.

Thank you for your guidance.

Lew