Re: Functions duration and mduration

On Wed, 2012-06-20 at 17:06 +0200, so09 gmx de wrote:
Dear developers,

the function DURATION gives the Macauley Duration (also called simply
duration) of a bond, while MDURATION gives the Modified Duration.

Gnumeric 1.10.17 explains this incorrectly, probably because Excel had
it wrong.

Do you need a more detailed explanation?

Please file a bug report at bugzilla.gnome.org indicating exactly what
you think is wrong and how it should be described correctly.

Comparing our description with that of ODF 1.2 I suspect that we should
simply change "Macauley duration" to "modified Macauley duration".

Andreas
--
Andreas Guelzow <aguelzow pyrshep ca>