Seems like a name is a name forever

I am a newbie, using GNUMERIC 1.10.16 with Win 7

I have found that if I move, ( by cut and paste), a cell which has a name assigned to it, the name reference does not move with it.  If I delete the name using Edit/Modify Name so that I can reassign the name to the new location I get an error message saying the name is already in use when I try to reuse it.  Seems like the delete does not really delete.  I know that in Excel and OO Calc the name reference is updated if the cell it references is moved elsewhere.  I hope that I am doing something wrong in GNUMERIC because the freedom to move named cells around seems important to me.

Bob