problem with gnumeric -> LaTeX

Dear People!
Hopefully i'm at the right place with the request for some help. if not, sorry, please tell me where to post
my problem!

I have the following problem: I wrote a table in gumeric, saved it as *.tex for including it to my LaTeX file.

Some maybe helpful informations: i use a mac with OSX 10.6, TexShop, and
        \usepackage[applemac]{inputenc}

in my header i used:

 \def\inputGnumericTable{}
        \usepackage{fullpage}
        \usepackage{color}
       \usepackage{array}
        \usepackage{longtable}
       \usepackage{calc}
       \usepackage{multirow}
       \usepackage{hhline}
       \usepackage{ifthen}

and included it with:

        \begin{table}[h]
        \label{work_functions}
        \input{work_functions_metal.tex}
        \caption{Work functions of different metals, taken from\cite{lutz}}
        \end{table}

THE PROBLEM:
        I can see the table properly,

        BUT

        after the table, the whole text (in my .pdf) is written over the rest of the page (where the footer
is supposed to be, but no text) and vanishes somewhere in nirvana, the following pages disappear...
        if i use
        \begin{table}[p]
        the table is posted in the end, but the text behaves the same way from that point on where the \input
code stands...

Could somebody tell me what i'm doing wrong??

THANKS
Regards
Flo