Re: Defining User Themes/Styles

The backplane is added from the plot types descriptions. The easiest way
to not see it is to make it transparent using a theme. The documentation
is at http://developer.gnome.org/goffice/0.9/goffice-0.10-gog-theme.html

Your theme should look like:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<GogTheme>
 <name>My Theme</name>
 <description>
  A theme based on the default with transparent backplane
 </description>
 <GOStyle class="GogGrid"><!--actually this is the backplane-->
  <fill type="none"/>
  <outline dash="none"/>
 </GOStyle>
 <GOStyle class="GogChart">
  <fill type="pattern">
   <pattern type="solid" back="white"/>
  </fill>
  <outline dash="none"/>
 </GOStyle>
</GogTheme>

Next, you put that file named likeMyTheme.theme (the extension is
meaningful) in $HOME/.goffice/themes/and things should work if I did not
insert any typo above.

Note that you need to select the theme in the Graph properties, gnumeric
has no option for now to change the default chart theme (feel free to
file a bug report).

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Jean