Re: Manual page of ssconvert

On Mon, 2012-04-30 at 10:39 -0400, Dick Bingham wrote:
Unable to execute " man ssconvert", as suggested from
"http://projects.gnome.org/gnumerics/doc/s..  "Converting Files".

ssconvert is located in my C:\Program Files (x86)
Gnumeric/1.10.16/bin/    .
Have been able to execute "ssconvert --list-importers", but Not "man
ssconvert".

The message I get is "man ssconvert" is not recognized. ( from the bin
listed above ? )

my system : Hp Pavilion core 13 running Win 7.; Hard drive 1.+
terabytes , 8GB main memory..

Have printed "converting Files", " File formats" and especially
"Quattro pro File Format".  ( My goal is to convert existing QuATTRO
pRO FILES  to gnum  or calc.org formats. )

What help can you offer? once I was pretty handy with DOS commands.
what am I overlooking here ?   All guidance appreciated.

man is a unix/linux/... command. A little bit of googling shows that on MS Windows:
If you are looking to open linux style man pages in Windows, then get
Groff for Windows to view the man pages on your command line as follows:

groff -Tascii -mm your_file | more
where your_file is the file name of the ssconvert manual page in your
installation.

Andreas