Re: pb with copy/paste

On Mon, 2011-08-22 at 22:31 +0200, Frederic Parrenin wrote:

I have a various problems when trying to copy/paste between two
instances of gnumeric or when copy from/to gedit:
- sometimes nothing happens
- sometimes the text importer is launched and the header of the file
appears with strange tags like <gnm:... >
- and even sometimes gnumeric crashes

I have already complained about this and I know I should fill bug
reports but the problem is that these behaviour are not reproductible.
Usually, restarting gnumeric and/or gedit will solve the problem.
I can only say it seems to happen with relatively large datasets.

First of all you have to confirm that you are not running any clipboard
manager such as clipper, klipper, ...

To debug gnumeric's clipboard handling it is usually helpful to run it
with the GNM_DEBUG environment variable set to "clipboard". This will
create lots of information on the terminal.

Andreas

--
Andreas Guelzow <aguelzow pyrshep ca>

--