axis titles: formatting

Hi,

I would like to know if it is somehow possible to change the formatting of the axis titles and data set titles in a scatter plot. As I use gnumeric for a biological purpose, sometimes the data set titles are names of bacteria, which have to be written in italics. Furthermore, if I want to plot, e.g., partial pressure of oxygen versus time, I would like to put the 2 in O2 as an index. Is there a possiblity to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Jakob