Re: gnumeric on os x

Not sure how that will help -- gnumeric is looking for a dbus socket.   In my user
account if I execute

launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist

then ssconvert works file.

But there doesn't seem to be a way to do that for _www

I admit this whole goffice thing is a bit of a mystery to me.  One thing I don't like
about OS X is how many linux apps need some sort of special handling.

Geoffrey

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 1:28 PM, Andreas J. Guelzow <aguelzow pyrshep ca> wrote:
On Wed, 2011-04-06 at 12:58 -0400, Geoffrey Brown wrote:
> I don't know if this is a macports issue.  While I've managed to get
> gnumeric to work correctly under my account -- all
> that launchctl stuff was a pain -- I haven't been able to get my cgi
> scripts (running as _www) to successfully use ssconvert.
>
> The errors are exactly what I'd expect in my user account if I hadn't
> gotten the dbus stuff working there.
>
> GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible
> causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you
> have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
> http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: Not
> running within active session)
>

> I'm sure there's some magic incantation, but I can't find it.

Are you in fact running gconfd? Since this seems to be on a web server
chances are that you don ont have a gconfd running. In any case for a
web server I would probably compile goffice
--with-config-backend=keyfile and use a keyfile for Gnumeric's
preferences

Andreas