gnumeric on os x

I don't know if this is a macports issue.  While I've managed to get gnumeric to work correctly under my account -- all
that launchctl stuff was a pain -- I haven't been able to get my cgi scripts (running as _www) to successfully use ssconvert.

The errors are exactly what I'd expect in my user account if I hadn't gotten the dbus stuff working there.

GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: Not running within active session)

I'm sure there's some magic incantation, but I can't find it.