Arrow Keys & Enter Key

Sirs,

I have opend a spreasheet and made some entries. At first everything works fine when entering data. Laterl I go to enter data into any cell and try to use the arrows keys or the enter key, they  will not move.

Only the mouse cursor works when I double click on a cell.

In addition to this, the text keys and numbers are locked from entering into a cell unless I first double the cell with my mouse.

It's got to be something simple and wrong that I'm doing. Do you know what it is I am doing wrong?

Kind regards,

Andrew