Re: First-class QueryTable support?

On Sun, 2010-07-04 at 22:44 -0400, Jonathan DePeri wrote:
I've hardly seen support for queries against external data sources
(could be anything, but typically databases) mentioned anywhere. I did
find an explanation (at
http://www.obviously.com/tech_tips/Loading%20SQL%20Data%20into%20Gnumeric.html)
how to run SQL queries and am surprised this is not documented in the
manual.

Is there any interest in real QueryTable support? I'm sort of a
database junkie myself so might possibly be willing to do the
implementation...

Hi Jonathan,

in theory databases can be accessed from Gnumeric via gda. (It seems
that half the time that doesn't work properly since nobody seems to be
interested in supporting that.) Could you elaborate of what you mean
with "real QueryTable support"?

Thanks

Andreas