New developer; would like to contribute (background in finance, statistics, and programming)

I have extensive experience using other spreadsheet applications, but
at home I run Linux and have started using Gnumeric. Hats off to all
of you developers -- it's really great software.

Please let me know if there are any projects you think would be
suitable for me given my background. Preferably nothing too gargantuan
at first, just something to allow me to get my feet wet.

Regards,

Jonathan