Other Critera than Equality for SUMIF, COUNTIF, ...

Hi folks,

I'd like to sum the elements of one column for which another column in the corresponding row meets some criterium such as not being blank. So something like

=SUMIF(A1:A10,NOT(ISBLANK($_)),B1:B10)

except that Gnumeric, unlike Perl, does not provide me with a $_ context variable.

In fact, the only thing I've figured out to get SUMIF and COUNTIF to test for is equality with a constant. If that's the only possible "criteria", I think this should be made explicit in the function reference. If more is possible, I would appreciate some examples.

Morten mentioned on IRC that this may be solvable with "array formulae" and "implicit iteration".

Thanks in advance,
Michael

PS: Please CC me on replies, as I am not subscribed to the list.