Autocomplete stops after space or dot/full stop

Hello,

I am filling a spreadsheet with information about a vodka bottle collection
and autocomplete helps a lot with that. However, as soon as I enter a space
" " or dot "." character, autocomplete will stop appearing for that field.

Is there a way to disable this 'inteligent' behavior? I could not find
anything in the GUI settings. Is this behavior intended? Has is been
discussed before?

Thanks