How to get missing grid lines back?

I have a spreadsheet started by a clever fellow that likes to "pretty print" who has left the company.

There are large sections of the spreadsheet with no grid lines.
The cells exist because I can click on where a box should be and it is outlined.

Sometimes the vertical lines are missing, sometimes the horizontal lines, sometimes both. It's very disconcerting.

Another thing is some of the grid lines that exist are bold, some are not. How did he do that?

How can I get grid lines back?

Larry