Re: Handling of quote characters in ssconvert

On Sun, 2009-11-01 at 20:55 +0100, Björn Nilsson wrote:
Hi,
I want to use ssconvert to convert different types of spreadsheets to
csv files for import into a sql database. The problem I have is that
when there is fields with a single or double quotes in they turn up
unescaped. Also "\" would be an issue. I have started looking for a
tool to pre-process the csv files but it would be very nice if
ssconvert had an option for doing this in one step. Would it be
possible to tell ssconvert which characters to escape?

I didn't try it but shouldn't you be able to set up quoting using the
options for the configurable text exporter?

From the ssconvert manual page:
OPTIONS FOR THE CONFIGURABLE TEXT (*.txt) EXPORTER
       quote  The  character  or  string  used for quoting fields. Defaults to
              "\"" (quotation mark / double quote).

       quoting-mode
              When does data need to be quoted?  "never", "auto" (puts  quotes
              where needed), or "always". Defaults to "never".

       quoting-on-whitespace
              Controls  whether initial or terminal whitespace forces quoting.
              Defaults to TRUE.

Andreas

--
Andreas J. Guelzow <aguelzow pyrshep ca>