Compiling gnumeric from git

Hi all.

Due to the issues in the previous mail, I tried to download and compile
gnumeric from git. GOffice went without a hitch, libgsf complained though:

Running intltoolize...
cp: cannot stat `/usr/local/share/aclocal/intltool.m4': No such file or
directory
intltoolize: cannot copy '/usr/local/share/aclocal/intltool.m4'
to 'm4/intltool.m4'

I have intltool.m4 in /usr/share/aclocal, and (until now) no other
program complained (not even GOffice). Is the path hardcoded?

John