Data import - open data

Hello all,

I did a small experiment that generated a data file with 513 lines, each
with 2 values, separated by commas (these are the last lines):

13,95
12,95
11,94
10,93
9,92
8,92
7,90
6,89
5,87
4,82
3,72
2,58
1,39
0,11

- If I open the file as a spreadsheet, everything is ok.

- If I read the file as external data:
   - During the formatting dialog, the last line shown is
     13,95 (500 lines)
   - After defining the format, the table is inserted till
     line 10,93 (503 lines)

In 'Lines to import', the values defined by default are 1 to 503, and I
cannot increment from '503'. I _can_ type 513 in the spinbutton, but it
isn't accepted. The text says '503 of 513 lines to import'.

Is this a hard limit? I regularly have more than 503 lines of data in
measurement logs...

John