Re: Fwd: Gnumeric and OpenOffice.org

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 9:58 PM, Andreas J. Guelzow<aguelzow pyrshep ca> wrote:
On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 21:17 -0400, Jim Tarvid wrote:

One incompatibility I found between Gnumeric and Excel was "ceil" and "ceiling".

Hi Jim,

please you explain what you mean.

I may be mistaken, but numeric has both CEILING and CEIL while Excel has
only CEILING. So if you use CEILING you should have no incompatibility
problem with Excel. Gnumeric's CEIL should match ODF's CEILING function.

Andreas
--
Andreas J. Guelzow <aguelzow pyrshep ca>

But I didn't use ceiling and my colleague "fixed" my spreadsheet by
dropping the function and breaking an integer constraint.

Perhaps a filter to warn of function incompatibility when you save in
xls format would be in order.

--
http://ls.net
http://drupal.ls.net

The path to God starts with a simple act of kindness.