Re: Gnumeric and OpenOffice.org

On Thu, 9 Jul 2009, Priit Laes wrote:

Ühel kenal päeval, L, 2009-06-27 kell 16:30, kirjutas Konstantin
Tokarev:
Hello,
Thank you very much for Gnumeric! I started using it about 1.5 years ago (it was 1.8.2 shipped with
Fluxbuntu 7.10) and I think it's the best spreadsheet software in the world!
But I also think there's no worthy replacement OpenOffice.org Writer. It would seem very nice if I could
to insert Gnumeric charts and tables directly into Writer. Will it become possible someday?

You could try out Abiword if you want something small and fast...

Abiword may be fine if you want a free-software word processor in
its own right.  But many of us who have to work with
word-processor documents and spreadsheets have to interoperate
with Microsoft Office-using colleagues.  Gnumeric is good at that
task, Abiword is not, by a long way.

Allin Cottrell