Question about function in gnumeric: variance

I was looking in vain for a specific function of variance.
In my case I get a bunch of data in form of a frequency distribution;
like

Result Frequency
1      7
2      12
3      2

Now I wonder how to use Gnumeric to calculate the variance (or all functions of descriptive statistics, that is) without writing all stuff myself. Actually, I guess that there is a way in Gnumeric, but I have searched for more than an hour and still couldn't find it.

Any help will be appreciated,

Uwe